Tuesday, March 26, 2019

String quilt

Finished up the quilt top today.  This will be a quilt for my son, who wanted a big quilt.  I think this one should satisfy him as it measures 84" x 102".

This is the stack of rows I had sewn together a couple days ago.  Only took a day to turn them into a quilt top.  And then another day to get the borders cut and added.

Whew...it feels like a monster quilt, so big.  I will be sending this one to my good friend Donna to quilt on her long-arm.  I have done other quilts this size on my machine, but right now, I cant get motivated to wrestle with this one.


 T
This picture show a close up of the two border fabrics.  The inner small border is the same fabric I used in the middle of each block. 

The outer border is fabric I found a Joann Fabrics last week.  Its perfect for these blocks as it has all the colors in it that I have in the quilt, and I was going for a "Fall Season" theme.  Sometimes, things just come together.

Funny, I had not noticed that I had the same fabric in the block close together until I looked at this picture. 

1 comment:

Ruth said...

It's a lovely quilt and the border is just perfect for it. I don't blame you for sending it out to quilt. I have been quilting all my own quilts on my standard sewing machine and it is a chore at times. I don't like having to pay for someone else to do it though.