Friday, November 16, 2018

Pemberley Quilt Progress


I started this post on Sunday afternoon and intended to finish it Sunday night when I got home from church.  Unfortunately at church, I fell down a flight of stairs, with a concussion and taken by ambulance to a trauma center in Charlotte.  I was released yesterday, and am wearing a heart monitor as the doctors think my heart has been beating at a fast rate and may be what caused me to black out on the steps and fall down the stairs.  Crystals in my ears were also dilodged and I am going through therapy to get them back in place.  I begin out out patient therapy on Tuesday.
 
This is my Pemberley and what I intended to post Sunday night.  I have completed the center and am starting to work on the corner flower pots.
 


Each corner on the center will have a flower pot and I have one completed.  I think they are so cute. The drawn lines are the cutting lines, and there will be a sashing border that will cover these edges.

I like to draw lines to show the placement of the applique.  I drawn the line inside the applique lines so that the lines will not show up when I place the applique in place.

My applique patters are cut from freezer paper, then traced on the from of the fabric.  I then trim the fabric to within 1/8" - 1/4" of the drawn line, and do needle turn applique.


5 comments:

Clare said...

Love your centre. Thanks for tips on your progress. Will try that too. Mine was a BOM but before I received the last part I brought more of one for fussy cutting. So hope to get a wonderful look to mine as well. Happy Stitching.

Julie Fukuda said...

Oh my, That was not the best way to start a new week. Your applique is looking so nice so better stay out of trouble until you fully recovered.

O'Quilts said...

OMG....The life as we know it can change in a second...I am sorry..and hope you will heal well.

7 years ago, the chairlift we had installed for my mother collapsed at stair 6 and I fell on my head. My husband came home from work and found me out cold on the floor. I also went to CMC main with a concussion. My eyes and ears where knocked out of alignment. I could not read or watch tv for up to a year...but I could sew..piecework TBTG I could not machine quilt. It seemed like forever that I needed to wear sunglasses in the house and everywhere.
Bit by bit I was better....I know that will happen to you too..you will be better...
Diane

Rose Marie said...

Oh my .... hope they find out what happened to you! My husband had crystals in his ears go out of alignment. After treatment, they are back to normal. Now, sit back, relax and do more of that gorgeous applique.

lvkwilt said...

Just found your blog today and I must say your applique is gorgeous! I am so sorry to hear of your fall. I always think how wonderful it is that we don't know what tomorrow will bring! We need to enjoy each day as it comes! Having been in two serious car accidents (two surgeries to fuse disks in my neck), I am thankful I didn't live each day knowing that I would have chronic pain for over 10 years now. I haven't done hand applique in a few years (or more), but years ago I was so blessed to attend classes with Elly Sienkewicz in Jackson Hole, WY. Quilting in the Tetons was our favorite thing to do and we were able to go five times, I think. I would go every other year because that's when Elly would teach. Unfortunately, the few people who did all the work to host Quilting in the Tetons decided not to do it any more years ago so we never went back. It was our favorite place in the US (and after 26 1/2 years in the Air Force, that is saying something). I hope you will feel better soon! So glad you can continue with your needlework...it has helped me through many moves to strange places after leaving friends. Truly is comforting!