Saturday, November 4, 2017

RSC - Final Month

November is the last month of the Rainbow Scrap Challenge and I sure have enjoyed participating in this with SoScrappy and all the others.  I am doing Brown only for November rather than Black and Brown.

Once these are done, I will have enough nine patches to complete my Jack's Chain quilt.  I hope to have the quilt completed and ready to give to my wonderful brother Jack for his birthday in September. 

I have already completed 11 of the Jack's Chain blocks - with 35 more complete blocks and 35 partial blocks to go. I counted up the pieces that were needed for this quilt yesterday, and kind of wish I hadn't - as it is quite overwhelming:

Large Hexagons - 52
Half Hexagons - 16
Connecting Triangles - 470
1 " Squares - 3, 198
Total pieces = 3,788

Thankfully, I only have 20 more nine patches to make and that is the bulk of the pieces.

I am thoroughly enjoying the process though, and I know I will be a little sad to see it come to an end.

6 comments:

The Joyful Quilter said...

Beautiful BROWN blocks!! I'm thinking I would be a bit overwhelmed with those numbers, too. Try to focus on the completed portions in the process.

PaulaB quilts said...

How nice that you can take the time and effort,for your brother. It really is mostly a masculine pattern. Keep up the good work!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Looking forward to seeing your Jack's Chain layout! It's going to be beautiful!

Cathy said...

You can do it!! Your brother Jack needs his chain!

Anonymous said...

lovely work and what a wonderful gift for your brother xx

Julie Fukuda said...

So nice when you can enjoy the process and put a little love into each block. I'm looking forward to watching it all go together.