Friday, September 29, 2017

September Wrap-up

September has been a fun and busy month. Thought I would just show what I have been working on as a "catch up".  Tomorrow my daughter said she would help me get pictures of three quilts that were finished, with the help of some friends who long-arm quilt, this month. 

In August, I took a class in machine quilting on your domestic machine offered by the York County Quilters and taught by Linda Hungerford, of Flourishing Palms. The class was great and I could hardly wait to try out some of the techniques learned both in quilting with the walking foot and in free motion quilting.  I decided to use the Aurifil Block of the Month 2016 blocks I made last year and quilt each block individually.  I will be teaching a workshop in January in Quilt-As-You-Go (QAYG) and thought this would be great blocks to use in my class.  I have completed the six blocks that follow, using strictly the auto feed (walking) foot on my Janome 6600.  So much fun, and I plan to do all twelve of these blocks with a different pattern using the auto feed foot.






In another guild sponsored workshop  on the Galaxy Star quilt, and taught by Anita Bowen.  This was also a fun class and I am excited about my quilt.  I completed one block in class and today I decided to set aside the work I have been doing preparing for classes I will teach in October, to just have fun and work on the Galaxy Star.  I have been completing "pieces" of the 18" block , so nothing to show other than the one block I finished.  when the blocks are joined, they form a smaller star in the corners.  I plan to do the QAYG method on this quilt as well, and will do some free motion work in the black areas, cross hatching and outline on the stars.  This will be a little more of a challenge, as I will not have sashing on the front and I need to make sure those stars line up right.

 
September also saw me complete some more of the Moda Blockhead blocks: Blocks 28, 29 and 30.   Hmmmm these don't look so pretty all together, but they really do blend in well with all the other blocks.  I am using either the dark green or the blue in each block.


 
Last, but not least, is my Jack's Chain using the RSC.  The color for September is Orange and I had the orange nine-patches completed by the middle of the month.  So I began assembling more of the Jack's Chain blocks - so progress being made. 



When I list it all out like this, seems like a lot to have gotten done.  I love being retired so that I have time for my quilting.
Teresa

1 comment:

scraphappy said...

It does seem like you got a lot done. Congratulations on so much forward progress. The nine patches blocks look great!