Saturday, August 12, 2017

RSC - August blocks


My fabric choice for August in the Rainbow Scrap Challenge is to use the fabric left over from making my Star of Bethlehem Quilt. 

The challenge calls for pastel neutrals, and with my white background I am using for the Jack's Chain quilt, light neutrals will not work.  Many of these fabrics are pastels though, and I love love love this fabric, so am enjoying making the pretty little nine patches.  The fabric is Forever Love by Eleanor Burns.

Here's my work tray, as I like to call it.  It has everything I need, plus there is storage under the tray for keeping finished blocks and blocks in process.
I also completed block 23 of the Moda Blockhead Challenge.

I put all the blocks up on my design wall and will get a good picture when it is a little brighter outside and my room has more daylight.  Hopefully post a picture soon of all I have put together.

I have also worked this week on my Bali Wedding Star, starting to put the top together.  Its fun to see the top taking shape rather than just a stack of blocks.  Once again, I hope to get a picture later on today  and will post soon on this progress.

So many projects stand ready for me to work on, but hours and days just seem to slip away.  I am so thankful though that I am able to retire and spend time with my family and friends, as well as work on my projects.  Life is good, thank you Lord.

Teresa

5 comments:

Julierose said...

Oh great idea for those little 9-patches--very pretty hugs, Julierose

Julie Fukuda said...

I love those nine-patches and seeing all the other stuff moving along. I am afraid if I had so many things going at once, I would be running back and forth and getting nothing done. I really like your tray for keeping the work together. i use a plastic box but it has no partitions so things keep getting stirred up. Baggies help but yours looks so attractive.

The Joyful Quilter said...

LOVE your little work tray!! It's just right for your Jack's Chain project.

scraphappy said...

Great organization. Looks like everything you could need is right there. So handy.

Magpie Sue said...

What a fabulous little tray. Looks like it works wonderfully well. Beautiful star block too. :-)