Friday, May 8, 2015

Seminole anyone?

Does anyone enjoy Seminole piecing? I have just played around with it a little bit, but love the designs you can make with the various piecing techniques. To the right is a project I will be teaching to my quilt club, Stitchin' Friends tomorrow. It's meant to be a pillow! But could also be a small wall hanging or table topper. Finished size is 17" x 20". I found the free pattern at http://www.fave crafts.com. I modified the directions a little to use 3 fat quarters.

So far I have made three of them and enjoyed the process all three times.

I did a little shopping at Mary Jo's Fabrics in Gastonia yesterday. What fun! I have a grandson due to arrive in July and need to get busy on his quilt.

This fabric will be the back of the quilt. I was happy with the colors and graphics.

The quilt top will be English Paper Pieced tumbling blocks. Now you see why I need to get going in the quilt :)

I found the fabrics shown below for the blocks. Aren't these giraffes cute? The giraffes will be used in each of the tumbling blocks as well as the outside border. The grey will be an inside border.

Can't wait to get started on this one.

Thanks for stopping by, Teresa

4 comments:

Raewyn said...

Have fun teaching, Teresa. This is a lovely design and you've just given mea gret idea of what to do on a mystery meddalion I'm doing!! Love your fabric selection for your grandson's quilt :-)

Julierose said...

I love the look of seminole piecing, but have never tried it...yours is so pretty..hugs, Julierose

Carrie P. said...

I haven't ever done a seminole design. Looks very pretty though.
Oh, it is fun to shop at MaryJos. Congrats on your new grandson coming soon.

Julie Fukuda said...

I have enjoyed Seminole piecing for a project except for the part of throwing away all those scraps.