Sunday, July 20, 2014

Stack n'Whack Pinwheels

Finally, it's done! Making the pinwheels for this quilt were fun. You never knew what what the block would look like until you finished sewing it together.
I wanted to quilt it so the pinwheels would stand out, so I chose to do that pebblely looking quilting. What was I thinking???? It took days (weeks) to do, but I sure got some practice with free motion quilting.
I stitched in the ditch around the pinwheels and then all the rest of the quilting from the back side. It was the only way I could tell where I had quilted, the thread blended in so closely with the background.
I am including a picture of the back, so you can see the quilting, but don't look too close.



I have finished some more Patchwork of the Crosses, bringing my total to 30 blocks now. I need 56, so 26 more to go! Following are the pictures of my newest blocks. Thanks for stopping by,






9 comments:

Julie Fukuda said...

I love your pinwheels. I have done several "stack and whack" ... except I did not really either stack or whack them but used a template and a pencil to mark each piece on the back. I love the way all the pieces are different yet color coordinated.
I made my lozenge-hexies by just drawing around a template on the back and sewing them together. Putting them on paper would have just taken it one step further and they all went together just fine. you end up with y seams any way you do it.

Thimbleanna said...

Very pretty Teresa! And your PofC is coming along too -- slow and steady wins the race!

Anne Ida said...

Wow, thats a lot of pebble stitching! My arms ache on your behalf ;-) But it looks fabulous! Congratulations on a great finished quilt!

LOVE your POTC blocks! I have been itching to make some, but TRY to focus on some of the stuff I already have going on...

Quilt crazy said...

Loving your POTC blocks. Have been thinking about a paper piecing project. Where did you find the pattern/paper templates? Jeanne oregonquilter.blogspot.com

Pamela said...

Jan from Sew and So Farm sent me to visit, and I love your quilts, especially Gifts of Grace! Thanks so much for sharing your inspiring work!

Ruth said...

Your stack & whack is gorgeous and your quilting is perfect for it! I have never had a desire to make one of those, but you never know, maybe I will some day. Your EPP blocks are lovely too.

ShinyNewThing said...

What a gorgeous S&W! I did that quilt myself many years ago but I can't even remember how i quilted it - something fast and easy I'm sure and nothing as lovely as what you have done. Congratulations on your beautiful quilting.

Helen said...

You are inspiring to me. Your Stack and Whack is gorgeous....and your quilting is fabulous!!!

I've got two of the Stack and Whack books and some fabric that's been waiting to be used for this "experiment". I just need to jump in and get started!

Frog Quilter said...

Your stitching (quilting) looks lovely,