Saturday, November 3, 2012

Time to go...and very overwhelmed

 Its time to leave Houston, and all these beautiful amazing quilts.  This was one of my favorite ones in the show and is a Malaysian child, I believe. Truely amazing artistry.
 The applique on this quilt was unbelievable, as were so many others. 
This is a the Lucy Boston, Patchwork of the Crosses, quilt that I recently purchased the pattern and english paper piecing pieces to make. It was great to see one made up, and oh so made me want to get started on mine.  I am thinking of using shirtings for the background and a red for the little squares in the sashing...but we will see. It will look quite different from this one which had a lovely soft color palette.

I did get to meet Gail Pan and have a picture somewhere.  She is delightful person, very friendly and easy to talk with. What a treat to get to meet her.

I also got one last picture of my quilt with people standing all around taking pictures, but I can't seem to find that one either.  I think they did not all transfer from my ipad to my computer. 

So many pictures I could share with you (I took around 350) and so many things I could tell you about all the quilts and techniques I saw and learned.  I listened to quite a few demos and learned some new techniques.  Its been a wonderful experience and one I hope I can do again sometime in the next few years.

Thanks for stopping by,
Teresa

6 comments:

Raewyn said...

So inspiring to see all of these quilts, what a fantastic experience.

Andrea said...

Lovely that you got to see your amazing quilt hanging alongside the others - sounds like you had a brilliant time xx

Leeanne said...

Thank you for sharing......such lovely quilts.

Carrie P. said...

wow! what fun you must have had. glad you made it to the show. I am envious. Maybe one day I will get to go.
thanks for sharing those quilts. I love that last one.

Ellen J said...

So glad you've enjoyed yourself!! Although, there wasn't any doubt about that. :) I miss you terribly and can't wait to have you home!! Love you!!

Thimbleanna said...

How fun Teresa -- it sounds like you had a wonderful time. Your quilt looks awesome. That's what being a featured quilt means -- it's awesome LOL. Isn't Gail a sweetie???