Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Oooops

Have you ever done this??

I like to test my tension before I start machine quilting and I just sandwich a small piece to sew on until I get it right.  So, my little test piece, unbeknownst to me, got under the piece I was quilting.  Now you would think I would notice that the fabric had gotten much thicker - but nooooooo.

 I mean really, this was not just one layer of fabric, it was two layers of fabric and one of batting - how did I miss that?? 
 Didn't see it until after I finished all the quilting and turned the piect over to "admire" my handiwork.  Handiwork indeed - more like klutzywork.  Had to rip out all the quilting in that section of the quilt.  Have you ever ripped out machine quilting? NOT FUN.

Live and learn - well, live anyway. 
Teresa

12 comments:

Ruth said...

Yes and yes!! Not fun at all!

Paula, the quilter said...

Yes on a flannel quilt. Not fun, not fun at all.

Marj said...

Haven't had that happen, but have ripped out portions of machine quilting. It really is not fun.

FlourishingPalms said...

Ack! That's a new on on me. More often, I've caught a folded edge of backing and batting under the quilt and had to undo. You're right, unsewing is awful.

Floss said...

I have ripped out a bit of quilting and agree no fun at all. BTW I rally like the fabric your using for the back.

Thimbleanna said...

Oh yes. I hate ripping out machine quilting. Most of the time, I ask hubby to do it for me while he watches tv. Hope you have it ripped out by now!

Purple Pam said...

So sorry you caught that practice piece into your quilt. I have done something similar, and no, it is not fun taking out machine quilting.

Ellen J said...

haha! Not funny, but it is funny. :) Sorry you had to rip it out!

Love you!!!

Jackie's Stitches said...

Oh no! That doesn't sound fun at all. Hope it's all well behind you now.

Carole said...

Maybe we ought to form a club! lol Been there done that, a few times at that! But.... not my test piece, mostly the excess fabric folded under and sometimes with the batting. Sigh! Cheers!

Brandi said...

I am so jealous! I wish I could sew. Can't say I've ever messed up on anything lol. fun blog

run-style-run.blogspot.com

Carrie P. said...

Oh No! that is not fun at all and yes, I have ripped out machine quilting. Not fun either.