Sunday, May 9, 2010

A lesson learned.....

Have you ever used this product?   My quilt club was at my house on Saturday and we were working on the project for my daughter's class.  We are sewing together quilt blocks colored by the chidren as well as some picture blocks. The picture blocks, we printed on this product.

It was an absolute nightmare trying to get the paper off the back of the fabric.  We read and re-read the instruction, and all the directions say is to slowly peel the paper off the fabric.  We peeled and peeled and peeled - slow, slower, slower than a lazy snail slow.  So, we just decide to get off what we could and leave the remainder on.  As I was ironing the blocks, guess what!!!  The paper almost slides off when you heat it up.  All we had to do was iron the paper, and then lift it right off.  Who knew?????  I wonder if Printed Treasures knows this? They sure don't tell you in the instructions.

BTW - other than the paper peeling nightmare, the product  printed great!

I did manage to finish one of my Be Attitude blocks this week.  This is the 11th block, Be Grateful and I have one more to do - Be Joyful.  Whoopeeeee, will I be joyful when I finish that one. 

Hope you all have had a great Mother's Day.  Mine was very nice - but I miss my Mom. This was my first Mother's Day without her being right here to hug and talk with.  Love you Mom, and miss you very much.

Happy Stitchin,
Teresa
18056

2 comments:

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

I love the Printed Treasures product but never have encountered the problem you had, probably because I usually peel the paper off right after heat-setting the image and it's still warm. Maybe you should suggest this be added to the instruction page! Congrats on getting to block #11... I have all of my backgrounds pieced, that has to count for something! ;(

Thimbleanna said...

Arrrgggghhhh! Don't you hate it when you find a shortcut AFTER you've done all the work? I'll bet the quilts are looking cute though!