Friday, July 31, 2009

A little stitchin..a little reading...

First I want to thank you all for your good wishes, thoughts, encouragement and prayers. My husband and I are both recovering very nicely and have much to be thankful for. It appears that his finger is healing and that he will be able to keep it intact. His pain is minimal and we are so thankful for that. I can use my arm now except no lifting for three weeks. I had hoped to be able to sew the binding on my quilt, but that can wait until I can actually lift the quilt with my left hand.
After a day of no sewing, not much of anything, I could not stand it any longer. So I rigged up a pillow to support my arm and found if I sat just right I could hold an embroidery hoop with little pressure on my left arm and do some stitching, as well as trace some patterns. This is a great thing! So over the last week and a half, I traced all the patterns for the Lynette Anderson's Noah's Ark Block of the Month project. I know, most of you have this one done, but hey, sometimes you have to fracture an elbow to get caught up! For those of you that don't know about this project, its a free stitchery project to make a mini quilt. I had one block finished and completed the stitichery on four others.
I also completed the "Chocolate" block and saying in the Nice People Nice Things Stitchery project, designed by Helen Stubbins.
And to round out my "leisure" time, I did some reading, completing the first two books in the Shenadoah Album Novel series by Emilie Richards - Wedding Ring and Endless Chain. I have enjoyed these books, and had my daughter drive me to Books-a-Million after a doctor's visit to purchase the next book in the series, Lover's Knot, and ended up getting the next three.

So, under the watch care of Nurse Kitty Felicia who would not leave my side, I guess you could say I made good use of my time, as well as good use of pain killer medicine! But alas, with recovery, comes going back to work and the end of my leisure time. But it is the weekend, and I can't lift anything, soooooooooooo..that means no housework, right?

Happy Stitchin!
Teresa

6 comments:

Salem Stitcher said...

I'm glad to hear you are both recovering well and that you've figured out how to get a little stitching done. Now you can really enjoy the time off!

Unknown said...

Glad to hear the news about your husband. And glad to hear that you are also feeling better enough to do some things that you enjoy. I hope thing keep progressing in a positive way and that your nurse keeps you under a heavy watch.

Carol said...

So happy to hear that you are both recovering...you all take care!

Shakerwood said...

You are so far ahead of me on the Noah's Ark block. I only finished one or two. I think I might change the size to make it larger. Don't over do it!

Granny Lyn said...

I am sooo glad to hear both of you are feeling a bit better...and I'm chuckling at your "where there's a will" attitude! I did the same thing when I hurt my shoulder,,,can't keep a good woman down, right?

Anonymous said...

I hope thing keep progressing in a positive way and that your nurse keeps you under a heavy watch....

___________________
Melvin
Instant loans at an attractive low rates