Monday, April 13, 2009

Spring has Sprung!

Easter Sunday was breathtakingly beautiful in South Carolina. I hope you all were able to enjoy the holiday weekend and spend time with family and in worship. The dogwoods and cherry trees are in full blossom and I could not resist clipping a few branches to grace my dining room for the family dinner. I think the trees are more beautiful this year than I remember them being in a very long time.

On the sewing scene, I finished my first A Tisket A Tasket block which just happens to be the February block - it was too beautiful outside to work on the first block (January) which is a snowman. These blocks are so much fun to make! Thank you Anne, Bunny Tales, for the free BOM. Check out her blog!

11 comments:

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

It's beautiful up here north of you, too! Your block is wonderful, well done!

StitchinByTheLake said...

It's so wonderful when you can have a beautiful Easter day to celebrate! Unfortunately ours was the opposite. It stormed all day long and was very cool. We didn't get to go to church because my husband was sick with a horrible cold and I wouldn't let him out in that weather. I didn't want him to get worse or to give it to some of our older folks at church. I love the basket block. I started to do those but then decided I had so many things going now that one more might be the straw that breaks my back. :) blessings, marlene

Lilly said...

What lovely blooms. Glad you had a nice day. It rained all day in our neck of the woods. Love your bunny block. Beautiful job!

Shakerwood said...

I've printed out all the patterns but haven't started this one yet. Need to have better access to my fabric and wool first! Nice job on yours.....and nice weather yesterday. Can't say the same for today, though.

Cathi said...

The flowers are so lovely! We've a month or so to go yet before we see muchin teh way of blossoms but at least winter is over!
I have the patterns for those blocks too -- yours is adorable!

Ellen J said...

Hey, Momma! Easter lunch was marvelous. Just wanted to say that I love you and miss you a lot! I'll see you in two days.

Love you!
El

Anonymous said...

Hello Teresa, your block is lovely...I have them on my to do list.....glad you had beautiful weather....it was until today like an indian summer here in Australia...we had a fierce storm which work me up at 5.30am this morning.....take care hugs lyn

Leanne said...

Our Easter weather was lovely also but we are heading towards winter and you towards summer.

em's scrapbag said...

Your block is adorable. Glad you are enjoying sunny weather, it's snowing here.

Unknown said...

The flowers are beautiful! Your block turned out so cute!

Marilyn Robertson said...

Your block is adorable! I am going to be checking out that BOM!