Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Starting a new project....

I know, I know...I need a new project about as much as dog needs kitty litter, but none the less, I have started one. This time it is Lynette Anderson's Noah's Ark BOM. I have watched many of you showing your sweet blocks on your blogs and envied them all, and wanted to join the fun, but resisted until.....Cathi came along and said "let's do it!" And of course, being the strong, determined person I am...I said "OK!" So we have formed a group of Cathi, Cheryl, Carol and me to work on this together. So far we have had two meetings and this is what I have accomplished:
Picked out my fabrics.....





And my threads....



And my project box - got a deal on this one, $3.99 at Tuesday Morning - one of my favorite stores.


Got Organized...this box is so cool. One side has compartments and the other side has none and is just perfect for holding the pattern and hoop.


And yes...I made a block! This is block #1 - Rabbits. The stitchery block is only 2.5" square - probably the tiniest embroidery block I have ever worked on. I oversized the sashing strips so that I can trim the block down to size later.

Thanks Lynette for a great project and for sharing you wonderful talent with us!

11 comments:

Belvie said...

How wonderful that you can work as a group and keep each other on task to finish the project. I like your storage box there too. Nice place to keep all those supplies together and ready for stitching.

Norma said...

What fun to have a "group", great fun as well as motivation. Wonder if my Tuesday Morning has that box??? LOL

Unknown said...

Working on Noah's Ark was fun over the past year. I just finished my stitching and love the results. You look very organized. You block came out fantastic! I love your box.

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Precious stitchery, cool box, even cooler to be so uber-organized! ;)

Thimbleanna said...

Hahah, you've been sucked in! Looks great!

Susan said...

Great block. I have it all together but I haven't started it yet. I will enjoy watching yours grow.

RG said...

Gosh that's gorgeous Teresa!!
Have fun doing it together... I know you will :c)

I'm glad you liked my crepe myrtle.
I thought it was one of those 'moments'..
hugs
Robyn xx

Shakerwood said...

Hate that I missed the meeting Wed. night. I was exhausted when I got home at 6:45 and when straight to bed. But now you are caught up with me! Can't wait to start the next one.

Valerie the Pumpkin Patch Quilter said...

A quilting girl ALWAYS needs a new project. :) It's a fact.

Anonymous said...

LOVE this project, too. And your stitching is perfect...
Guess it's for Ellijah, as well? ;>)

XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO
NADINE

Doodlebug Gail said...

Cute block - you'll love doing all of them and they're small enough to go nice and quickly as well.