Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Kitchen update

So many of you have said you are enjoying following my kitchen renovation project, ok...so two of you said that...I thought I would show you some pictures with the new paint in place: The first picture is the area of the kitchen that used to house the washer and dryer and the ugly grey fuse box. We are going to add one more cabinet in front of the fuse box which will just cover the the fuse box and provide me a place to store bread, which will allow me to get rid of the ugly bread box o the far right.

And just to let you know that I did accomplish something at retreat, although I did not take any pictures I am showing my Jingle Bell Swirl project from a 4-Patch Swirl workshop I took with Lyn Buske. It sure was a fun workshop and I will show more later on this. All the blocks are made from the same fabric which will also be used in the border. More on this project later.
I also finished up my October block for the redwork BOM that many of us in the guild are doing. This owl seems to be missing an eye - but then it is Halloween!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Teresa, I love the colours you chose for the kitchen reno. There is nothing like a retreat.Just love them.Would be interested to see your redwork when completed. Regards Lyn

Goosey said...

Hi, Nice to see I'm not the only one to redo the kitchen! Your colour is similar to mine...I think it looks great in your photo.

Anonymous said...

The walls look dramatic and modern, very pretty. I love changes and can think of a few places needing makeovers at my house.

Carole said...

Nice to read that I'm not the only one doing renovations. Although it is at a stand still for the fall and winter. That's only because we tend to change windows and what not! Nice block! Keep well!

Shakerwood said...

The kitchen looks great, T. I wish we could do show and tell different at retreat. I didn't realize you used Christmas fabric in your quilt! Can't wait to see it in person......finished!

Paula, the quilter said...

The kitchen looks great; we are just starting our redo. Love the Jingle Bell Swirl -- can't wait to see more.

*karendianne. said...

"the owl seems to be missing an eye - but then it is Halloween!" - THAT was funny. You're silly.

Love the pics of the beautiful redo. Jingle Bell Swirl project is fun. How neat is that! Very cool. Okay. I understand. More on that project later. ;)

Thanks for the smile. *karendianne.

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Love, love, love that Jingle Bell swirl! Kitchen re-do looks wonderful. I am in love with redwork, your block is just great.

Debbie said...

I love your quilt - looks great....

Kieny The Dutchlady said...

It all looks great to me Teresa: Kitchen, redwork and the Jingle Bell Swirl!

Misty said...

I love the Jingle Bell Swirl! Very pretty! By the way, I think the black works really nicely in the quilt you are designing from your most recent post. It looks like it will be an absolutely beautiful quilt. I can't wait to see what it looks like as you start working on it!

Best wishes,

Misty