Friday, September 19, 2008

Home from Richmond....


I am about two days behind in my blog posting, as my guild is in the midst of our bi-annual quilt show and as the treasurer and board member I am totally involved in that and little else. I did want to share with you some beautiful fabrics I received from Kathy of The Humble Quilter. Remember that Butterfly pattern from the previous post? Well here it is again with the fabrics Kathy sent me - don't you think these are just perfect for a butterfly? I just got all giddy when I saw them and how they went so well with the pattern I bought in Richmond. Thank you Kathy!!!!! She included the neatest press bar too. I love using these when I am piecing and don't want to fire up the iron.
Need to get busy now getting my demo ready for the show tomorrow - doing one on Back Basting Applique. I am way behind in reading blogs, but I will get caught up - hmmm..maybe tomorrow, or the next day. Pictures from the show will be coming around next week.

8 comments:

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

I have a good friend who swears by the back basting method for applique. I need to give it a try.

*karendianne. said...

Boy are you busy! Enjoy and take care of yourself & I'll be waiting patiently to hear how things go...and to see the pictures, too!!!

Basted with Love, *karendianne./ Living Life at LeeHaven

Thimbleanna said...

Good Luck with the quilt show!

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the quilt show...may it be a great success! I just love the fabric...it will make an awesome butterfly!

Lyn said...

Hi Teresa, the fabrics are perfect for the butterfly pattern.Such rich jewel colours.Good luck with your quilt show. Regards Lyn

Doodlebug Gail said...

What a beautiful stained glass butterfly pattern that is! Enjoy the quilt show and take photos.

Carin said...

Those fabric will be perfect!

Anonymous said...

Fabric will be wonderfull for this butterfly,
Thankyou