Thursday, September 4, 2008

Friendship Block #3

Yesterday my friends and I swapped our August Friendship blocks. We had to postpone one week due to a family emergency last week, but all is well (kinda) and we got to swap blocks.
Carol made the very elegant tulip block. You got to love these fabrics and she did a great job. Cheryls is the sewing machine - don't you just love it! Carol and Cheryl are both new to paper piecing, but they look like pros with these blocks. Mine is the dresden plate that I used English paper piecing to make.
I have started quilting my granddaughter Tess's quilt and its about time, don't you think Tess? I have really been having a time marking this quilt - started with a blue water soluble pen, but ran out of ink. Went through three chalk pencils that I could not find a pencil sharpener to fix the point. I was about to give it up, when I remembered someone blogging about using the Golden Threads (I think I have that right) paper to draw their quilting patterns - and don't you know, I have some of that! So I am going to try that today and I will let you know how it goes.
And yeehaw..I am staying home today to quilt! I was supposed to be off this week for my summer vacation, but gas prices got in the way and we decided to stay home and spend the money on the house. Fred did take his week to do some family research in West Virginia, staying for a week after our family reunion, but I have not taken time off this summer and I think I am due. I was off Thursday - Monday as planned, but geez I worked so hard on the carpet installation, I don't call that a vacation!
Happy stitchin!

8 comments:

StitchinByTheLake said...

Love your blocks - the Dresden Plate turned out so beautiful. What is Golden Threads? blessings, marlene

em's scrapbag said...

Great blocks. Enjoy your sewing time. Can't wait to see what you do with it.

Thimbleanna said...

Love those blocks -- you guys are off to a great start. And of course, I LOVE that dresden plate -- juyst adorable!

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Looks like you're off and running with the machine quilting, well done! I never find "just one way" to mark tops for quilting, I use all the tools in my box the same way that you do.

Scottish Nanna said...

Love your blocks they are beautiful.
Hugs Mary.

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

I love all the blocks.

Debi said...

Those a such fun blocks. Thanks for participating in my blog giveaway. I am hosting a fall quilters blog giveaway, so stop on by and sign up.

RG said...

Hey Teresa,
You go girl!!!
Get that quilt quilted and enjoy being at home to do it!!
It's very lovely :cD
BTW, wanted to say thanks so much for popping by my blog and celebrating my finish with me..woohoo!!
It's now washed and drying.
Have a great day and as always, thanks for the encouragement!!
Robyn xx