Tuesday, July 6, 2021

Staying Busy

 Seems like each day I stay busy either with grandkids or my quilting - but don't seem to be getting much done.

I did finish two baby quilts made with the cutest elephants.  One is yet to be hemmed, but I am taking it with me to the July guild meeting to hem there.  It will be donated to the guild outreach program. This is the pattern I used,  by Wendy Sheppard.  I did modify the design a little to make a baby size quilt and added eyes and tails to my elephants.  I also used EQ to draw the block and then created paper piecing patters, as I so have trouble when piecing to get my quarter inch seam just right.  This quilt was a lot of fun to make and I can see another full size quilt in my future.



I have also been working on my Coronaville quilt, trying to get it quilted.  This has been a very challenging process for me.  I think I have made the most mistakes on this quilt than I every made on all my quilts put together.  I will do a post on this one next...just need to finish the quilting process.  This is a peek on how I am quilting the blocks with what I call a jumbo big stitch.












3 comments:

O'Quilts said...

Great job on your Celtic knot xxoo

FlourishingPalms said...

Looks to me like you've been keeping plenty busy! Making quilts to donate is certainly admirable, and the fact that you changed the technique and embellished it too, is going the extra mile. You're very generous! That Fons & Porter quilt looks SO familiar! You know I used to work for them, don't you? I was a writer for their magazine. Ahh, the good old days. Anyway, it's nice to see you helping lead your group to make their blocks... and make them even better by changing them to FPP. Keep enjoying!

Kathy S. said...

Teresa! Your elephants are just adorable. The quilt looks so snuggly. It will be loved by a little someone for sure. That little someone is soooo lucky to have such a happy quilt. Love the colors and scrappy goodness.