Thursday, February 11, 2021

Lone Rose Star Quilting Update

 I have completed quilting all the Lone Star, Rose Stars and border diamond blocks and have started on the background.  Some difficult choosing what to do, but am satisfied with a simple straight line that follows the direction of the diamonds in the Lone Star.  I have completed a corner and one side and took pictures this morning in a darkened room so my quilting would show up better in the pictures.    I have a little puffiness to deal with that I am able to keep from pleating with the hand quilting, but trying my best to overcome this problem. I would have been surprised if this had not been a problem with the piecing of the lone star and the the applique of the Rose Stars......just one more non-perfect hand made quilt touch  (well that's my story and I am sticking with it).






2 comments:

Frog Quilter said...

Absolutely beautiful!!!

FlourishingPalms said...

Your hand quilting is really giving this quilt a lot of lovely texture. I admire you for making the time to hand quilt and make it look SO good! You're doing a beautiful job!