Sunday, February 14, 2021

Coronaville

Happy Valentine's Day and in my case Vaccination Day.  Today I got my second vaccination shot at the Charlotte Motor Speedway Drive-thru.  It was handled so efficiently, makes me proud to be in the Carolinas.  35 minutes passed from the time we pulled into the Speedway parking lot  until we got the shot, waited 15 minutes and left. They had at least 21 "shot areas" and I know that because we went to #20 bay and there was at least one more beside us.  It was amazing when we went to the "wait" area to see if we had any reaction, the vast number of cars there....that could not have been there more than 15-20 minutes.  It was just incredible how they moved everyone through the bays to get their shots and on to the waiting area.

I had said I would make my last house block on the day I got shot #2 - so today I thankfully came home and made the block with a Valentine's Day theme.


I made a total of 338 houses, 120 of them go on the front of the quilt.  That leaves 218 houses for the back.  They are smaller than the ones on the front and hopefully I can fit them all on the back.

                                       


I was debating on how to arrange them and decided to do it snail trail style  I have to use a filler strip on most of the rows to get it come out right.  I started working on it tonight, but I think I need a break and maybe can finish it tomorrow.  The houses don't line up so great, but then what has this world been over the last year, other than totally "un-orderly.".







5 comments:

O'Quilts said...

Thank God for the shots!!! I am glad you got the second one...I hope you had no side effects. I did not even have a sore arm..xo

Rebecca said...

Good going on the shots!!!
Love the "snail trail" layout for those houses. Just a bit wonky works for this last year.

Julie Fukuda said...

I have pretty much given up on more houses. One bed cover and a long table runner are enough. I have a house of hearts from last year when I was laid off my job. For fillers, I used a tree print so those houses have a bit of shade next door. I do like that layout... an amazing maze.

FlourishingPalms said...

Wow! You've gotten your second vaccination already?! That's wonderful. And amazing. Things are definitely not going so efficiently here in Florida, though I blame that on the fact that SO many of us are 65+ that there's just no way enough vaccines are available. We're hoping to get our first vaccinations in the next few weeks. Then, when the day comes that we're fully vaccinated, I want to head cross-country to finally visit family! It's been more than a year since I've seen two grandsons. That's WAY too long. Lovin' what you've done piecing houses. I don't think you're using the same pattern I did to make "Village" in 2020. I used a free house pattern from Moda. Your snail-trail arrangement is unique. I like it! Well done.

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Yes! Unorderly is a good word, which way next and at a snail’s pace sums up 2020 perfectly! I, too, am happy to live in N. Carolina where the vaccination process has been organized and efficient! Your Coronaville quilt is just adorable.