Friday, September 10, 2021

Spikes and Specks

 Yesterday I finished a quilt top called Spikes and Specks.  This is a Katrina Hadjimichael pattern, one of my favorite Australian designers.  The quilt will be a gift to my special niece Cindy.  I had shown her the pattern and asked if she would like a quilt made with this pattern, and I let her choose the type of colors she would like in the quilt.  She sent me color swatches that she liked and I matched those colors in the backgrounds of the blocks.    I took the quilt to my dear friend, Donna, who will quilt it for me on her Handi Quilter long-arm quilter.   Here's the quilt top and next picture will be a completed quilt :)

The fabrics are all batiks.  I used two different hombre batiks and these were used in piecing the rings.  The  leaves are all the different batiks used, both for the backgrounds, center circle and pieced rings.



2 comments:

O'Quilts said...

My goodness, you are such a talented quilter...Thank you for the comments..late to reply as I iam still overwhelmed...When the quilt hangers are up, I will send you a pix xo

FlourishingPalms said...

It's a lovely quilt, Teresa! What a special gift for your niece. Though I don't sew with batiks, that ombre looks great with your blocks. Good choices all around. Cindy will love it!