Saturday, April 25, 2020

HQ Day 44 - Lone Star / Rose Star

Today I decided to work on my Lone Rose Star quilt.  This has been a difficult one for me to name.  Basically its a Lone Star quilt, and I have EPP'ed some Rose Star blocks to encircle the Lone Star....so I call it my Lone Rose Star, but then there are multiple Rose Stars.  Hmmm...I may have to change this name.

I debated on the layout of the star point so I took two pictures:

I decided to send the pictures to two friends (Darlene and Brenda ) and get their opinion.  I was so glad they picked the one that in my mind I had already chosen, the one where the center is yellow - pink - green.

Today I got it put together and laid it out to see how the Rose Stars will look.  I still have to square it up, add a border the same as the background so that the stars will fit and make one more Rose Star.  I actually have two more Rose Star blocks, but I made them before I decided on the grey background and both of those stars have grey on the out edge and just get lost in the background. 

The assembly of this quilt top was a real challenge for me with all the Y seams.   Its not as wrinkly as it looks in the picture as I have it laid out on a sheet and could not pull it tight.  Once I get the borders on , I will be able to pull the stars away  from the Lone Star a little bit and maybe that will give it a little better look. 


1 comment:

kathiquilts said...

whatever your final decision on a name - this is just incredible!