Sunday, March 15, 2020

Pemberley Quilting Progress

I recently completed quilting the "Half Dresden Plate" border on my quilt.  I repeated the little circle quilting in the narrow border to tie it into the circle border around the corner flowers.

 
I also completed one corner block, except for the round circle in the middle.  I have ordered a special stencil for that circle which hopefully will be here soon.  I have 16 blocks to complete around this border - with three different designs. I am trying to replicate the applique pattern in the quilting. 
 

 
I am hoping to have this ready to enter in my guild's quilt show in September.  I had kind of given up hope as it is taking me awhile to hand quilt.  Since the hit of the Coronavirus, I have been spending more time at home, and now am trying not to go anywhere unless it is an emergency since I am 69 years old.  Today I went to church in my living room as it was streamed on the internet and I was able to quilt and enjoy the service.  The church advised all members over 60 or with health situations to not attend services, but watch over the internet.  One of our deacons has checked on us to see if we need anything like groceries or other supplies.  It is so wonderful to be a member of a loving church family.

 
 


2 comments:

Clare said...

Loving your progress with this wonderful quilt. I am still at the making stage and it`s now a WIP. So pleased you where able to have church while in your home. I stayed home from Church yesterday (which was Sunday for us) as didn`t feel the best. Normal health problem. A little cross stitch done though. Must get back to my quilting projects. I first have some alterations for a friend and mending for my daughter to do. Happy Quilting.

Julie Fukuda said...

You have made good use of "down time". I hope to have a bit of progress to show before long. That border is super lovely and the one I am working on is looking over my shoulder and sighing in envy.