Sunday, September 24, 2023

Owl and Hare Hollow - Parts 1 and 2

 This morning I finished up Part 2 of the Owl and Hare Hollow quilt.  I am enjoying this project as it involves everything I love to do - Embroidery, Applique and English Paper Piecing.   I got a late start, but that's ok - just enjoying the process.  Here are the blocks have completed so far. 

The little round flower block placed in the corner where four blocks meet was just a random orphan block that I had on my design wall.  I like it there, kind of like a corner stone.  If I decide to add this to my project, I will need to make it smaller.  The blocks are currently 9 1/2" unfinished but are oversized according to the pattern.  They will eventually be trimmed to 8 1/2" unfinished and 8" finished, and then the flower will be too big.   Unless.............I decide to leave them at 9 1/2".




1 comment:

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

There aren't enough adjectives to describe how wonderful this one is!