Wednesday, September 6, 2023

Beating the heat with a little stitching

Worked on the Delaford a little today.  attached the next borders, and marked the applique placement.  I have been working the last week or so getting all the applique pieces prepped.

Checking the placement of corner flower.  A real trick to get those mitered corners just right. Definitely not something I am very good at.  The border will be trimmed to 6 1/2" once the applique is completed.


One cornet completed.  I have all the other corners prepped - just need to get the applique down.

And of course, I have started another new project - The Owl and Hare Hollow from the Homespun magazine.  My good friend Martee is making this and I was inspired by her pretty blocks to give it a try.
These are the Wheel blocks from Part 1 - so far all I have completed.  There are 4 parts issued at this point, I have some catching up to do.







2 comments:

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Your applique is lovely and wonderful. How big are those Owl & Hare blocks? They look like quite a challenge, you've done an amazing job on them. Bravo!

FlourishingPalms said...

Love seeing all the appliqué you continue to enjoy. I wish I still did because I have a big, hand-pieced Periwinkle Star quilt center that needs three more borders hand-appliquéd to call it a quilt top. I'm afraid that day will never come. I just can't work with duller colors anymore. I think that must be why your last block is my favorite. It has lighter colors. Keep having fun!