Saturday, July 16, 2022

Days of Delight Calendar - Val Laird

 I have started a new project by designer Val Laird entitled Days of Delight Calendar.  Got started late, but I will catch up as I enjoy working on this project.  

This is a picture from Val Laird's blog


I finished up the January BOM blocks this morning.  I am using Liberty Flower Garden Midsummer fabrics, which are so pretty.  Thank you to my dear friend Darlene for introducing these fabrics to me with a charm pack and for sharing from her stash the fabrics I needed for borders and bigger pieces.

I did modify the January block a little to include a snowflake where Val had a butterfly.  Thought the snowflake fit better with our January season (Val is Australian)

The little hexagon blocks will be used to show the day of the month, such as 01,02,03, etc.













1 comment:

FlourishingPalms said...

Oh Teresa, your stitching is so sweet! I really admire Val's designs, and she's such a lovely person too! No doubt you follow her blog. Does she read yours too? I hope so, so she can see the lovelies you're making. I'm glad to know you continue to be creative. Keep sharing!