Friday, January 21, 2022

Brimfield and Gentle Gems Completed!

 Yea, for January I have two "completed" projects to show.  

The first I will share is my sweet little Gentle Gems, a Val Laird BOM for 2021.  Her 2022 BOM is a Calendar one that looks really cute, but I have already committed to a different project and better hold off on that one.



The next is my Brimfield block quilt.  This quilt is English Paper Pieced blocks that are hand appliqued to the background.  I hand quilted using big stitch with Bold weight Coats and Clark hand quilting thread.  I decided that rather than make a label, I would just "sign" the quilt the way my mom always did.  She embroidered her name and year the quilt was finished on the back. Sometimes I want to write a little about the history of the quilt, so I do a label - but in this case, I just wanted to sign it.





Now on to another UFO and also getting ready to start a new project.  


1 comment:

Julie Fukuda said...

Good job! I have a long border yet to do before my first finish of the year. Most of my quilts have no labels at all so my diary is the only history. Lately, I have begun to add at least my name and the date ... if I remember.