Monday, November 29, 2021

Gail Pan - Bring Me Flowers quilt top

 I finished the quilt top for the Gail Pan Block of the Month - Bring Me Flowers.  I added a flange in the border, the first time I have tried this and I do like the look it gives.  I made the flange 3/8" and wish I had just done a 1/4" flange, but its done now.  I hope to do a mixture of machine and hand quilting which I have done on other quilts and liked the look.  The embroidered blocks will be hand quilted and the remainder of the quilt machine quilted.  Can't wait to start on it, but need to finish the quilting on the Brimfield first.




1 comment:

FlourishingPalms said...

You've obviously been keeping very busy, doing lots of hand-stitching. What a nice (big!) project! You have ambitious plans for quilting, and I hope it all goes well. With the holidays coming, time spent on projects seems extra precious. Hope you enjoy every moment.