Sunday, July 12, 2020

Coronaville Quilt Top completed

This is my Coronaville Quit top with 120 houses.  I arranged the blocks in a topsy-turvy block surrounding a cross I embroidered on the center square.

I am not done with the houses yet, just the quilt top.  I plan to keep making houses until we can go out without wearing a mask or practice social distancing.  South Carolina is in worse shape now than it was back in March and April....so I guess I have a lot more houses to make.

I will put the blocks I make from this point on the back of the quilt.  Not knowing how much longer I will be making houses, I decided to make the backing houses smaller so that I can get more on the back.

I hope and pray by January we will have a vaccine and can get back  to some kind of normal lives.  My quilt club's retreat is the third weekend in January and I sure want to go!

4 comments:

Julie Fukuda said...

I really like the way these have gone together. I am still working on my plan. Yes, some for the backside might be a good idea. I am kind of thinking the topsy turvy in the center and lined up around the border. I don't see a "new normal" in sight as yet. Opening bars and nightspots was a rather stupid way to start.

Frog Quilter said...

Love the progress on the houses. I think we will be wearing masks for quite awhile.

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

I love the way that the house block units have the cross in the center; faith over fear! This is just wonderful, Teresa, none of us knows what the future holds but we must remain strong. I, too, gather strength and energy from keeping my hands busy and my heart to God! Hugs~

FlourishingPalms said...

What a testament this quilt will be to the pandemic. It's a great design, but makes me sad to think of all the house blocks you'll keep making. So many quilters are making something to commemorate the virus, but I just can't. I don't want a reminder of it, though decades from now, these quilts will no doubt be considered special. I'm sorry South Carolina is worsening... as is Florida. Will new cases and deaths never end?!