Monday, April 13, 2020

HQ Day 31 - Quilting on the porch

A continuation of my earlier post.   Our power went off at 8:45 last night, and came back on at 1:30 today.  When I see on facebok all the damage done to trees and homes of some of my friends, I feel so fortunate that all we had to deal with was a loss of power.  Thankfully, no injuries or loss of life - Praise God.

I spent most of my morning sitting on my front porch and enjoying the beautiful blue sky, cool breeze and birds chirping so happily.  Saw my neighbors going up and down the road, many of whom I have not seen since this Stay-At-Home started and even had a chance to chat with some when they stopped and talked from their car.

The lighting was so nice outside, I could sit in the shade and hand quilt with a soft light on my quilt.  I had gone to Bojangles and gotten coffee, and stayed out on the porch for several hours.  It was right about the time the sun started eating up my shade and I decided to go inside that the power came back on.  So I spent the rest of the afternoon ironing binding for masks and cutting out a few more to work on in the morning. 



1 comment:

FlourishingPalms said...

Hello Teresa! It’s good to see how you’re managing life and a power loss. Thankfully, losing power hasn’t happened here, but the rest... Isn’t it amazing to realize we’re ALL experiencing the same things right now? Even making masks, and saying hello to neighbors from a distance. At least you’re getting out more than me. Hubs went to the grocery (alone) after 25 days of eating from our supply. We just don’t go anywhere, except me, for my 3-4 mile power walk every few days, in between other at-home exercising. I think I’m gonna come through isolation in better physical condition than ever! 😄 Take care! Stay well.