Monday, April 6, 2020

HQ Day 24 - Sherbet Fizz Cushion

A day late, but for good reason.  I had a good day yesterday.  Attended church via internet  - good singing, good message.  My son, his wife and three grandsons all came by for a visit.  We sat on the porch keeping our distance (sigh, so wanted to hug them all) and had a very nice visit.  In the afternoon I started working on a new project (not like I needed to start another.)

I recently signed up for an on-line workshop being offered by Katrina Hadjimichael, the designer who designed the Pemberley quilt I am working on. She is offering workshops each week for 4 weeks.  The cost was only $27.50 in US dollars but this could vary as she charging $40 Australian dollars and it depends on the conversion rate.   The workshop has the pattern that you download and videos by Katrina that you can watch as she shows how to make the project.  I was thrilled when I saw this as I have always wanted to take one of her workshops, but would have to travel to England or Australia to do so.  If you are interested, check out her website:  https://katrinahadjimichael.com.au/

Here is a picture I pulled from her website of the Month 1 workshops:


The first workshop was for a cushion, Sherbet-Fizz.  Here is what mine looks like so far. It really is square, but I took the picture at an angle. You put rickrack on the seams connecting the braid strips, but I don't have any rickrack, so have ordered on-line.  I wish I could go to Hobby Lobby or Joann's and pick up some as I am eager to get it done, but they are not open. I used 29 different fabrics, and there is only one strip of each fabric in the braid strips - but still managed to have some of the same fabric next to each other when I joined the braids.    Hope to get my rick rack soon so I can finish this one.

1 comment:

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Oh-- some pretty projects through these workshops. Your Sherbet Fizz is lovely, it looks like Easter; I love it!