Sunday, January 26, 2020

Pemberley - Round and round and round we go

Finally, after pondering for weeks over what to quilt in this 1 inch border, I  decided to just do little circles in a row. 

At first I tried drawing the circles with a white chalk pencil, but they just came out looking a little wonky, even though I was using a circle template.  I think it had something to do with the quilt being in a hoop and I had to press hard to see the white lines.

Then I remembered the circle stickers I had and surprisingly they were the same size as the circle I was trying to draw.  They don't stick all that well to fabric, so I also used small applique pins to hold them in place.  It works like a charm.

I have also attached a picture of the next border on this quilt, and as you can see it has small circles spread throughout the border.  This is what gave me the idea of using circles on the 1 inch border.  There is also another border that goes around the entire quilt, that is also 1 inch and I will use this technique there as well.

I have also attached a snapshot of the back.





7 comments:

Chris said...

Okay. That IS a lot of circles. I just completed about the last of about 500 applique circles on my Beyond the Cherries Quilt. I will also be hand quilting around them one of these days.

Alcea Rosea 31 said...

Brilliant idea to use circular stickers. The back shows the quilting off really well.

Karrin Hurd said...

Beautiful stitching, and brilliant idea of the circle stickers!

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

Oh I love your solution and like the idea of the circles. I have avoided using sashing in quilts since I never knew how to quilt them, besides lines that crossed thru them into the block. Another quilter recently said she had success with using Glad Press and Seal. You mark the press and seal and then press it into place, stitch and then pull it off. I am going to have to give both of these a trial.

Jenny said...

Oh dear, so sorry to read about your car accident, thankfully no bones were broken. Your poor little car! Do hope that with witness statements the other driver will be held accountable.

CathieJ said...

I love your sticker solution. I once drew my own cardboard hearts when I couldn't find the correct size and I have been known to use a drinking glass for a circle. Your quilting is very pretty.

Denise :) said...

The circles are the perfect quilty fill for that space! Way to have patience and wait for the proper inspiration! :)