Sunday, September 15, 2019

Pemberley - Slow Sunday Stitching


 I am drawing close to having all the blocks completed for the outer border of my Pemberley quilt. Here I have them all on my design wall.  The row on the bottom of the two ring flower blocks have not been appliqued to the background yet.  The background is just a light cream print, so blends right in with the white background of my design wall.  There will be a 2" strip between each block.

Notice the one ring without a center - well that is what I am doing today.  I hope to be able to start prepping these this afternoon for the applique to the background.  I am getting so close to having this quilt top completed!

My plan for today also includes a little hand quilting on my floral panel.  I am doing quilting around the flowers with gold metallic thread.  This is a little tricky, but still easier than I  anticipated it would be when I chose this thread.  I am using the Coats and Clark Metallic embroidery thread.     I have also discovered that stab quilting with a #8 Straw Needle works superbly.  Its a longer, stronger needle than the #7 Sharps I usually use and seems to handle the metallic thread a little better.   

I have a dear friend, Cheryl, who will be coming to my house for a week or so, recovering from knee replacement surgery.  So sometime today, I need to make a quick grocery run and get her room ready.  I am so blessed to have a husband that accepts my doing this, to have a home that I can welcome her to stay in during this time of need, and to have the good health to take care of her.     I hope you all have a blessed, relaxing Sunday. 
 
 
 
 

12 comments:

Sarah said...

Pemberley is going to be stunning! Lovely that you can help your friend out while she recovers from surgery.

Little Penpen said...

How sweet that you are helping your friend to recover. Your quilt is going to be amazing!

Jacqueline said...

Beautiful work from a beautiful woman.

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

Wow those are lovely blocks and your stitchery is amazing. Hope that all goes well with your friends surgery.

Karen said...

Your fussy cutting makes the block special.

Quilter Kathy said...

Such beautiful projects to be stitching today... enjoy!

Karrin Hurd said...

All your projects are beautiful! How nice of you to help your friend recover!

Deb A said...

That is wonderful that you are able to be a recovery center for your friend. Those pemberly blocks are beautiful.

Kim said...

Your Pemberley quilt is looking amazing and as for your floral pane, so much pretty detail has gone into this one. How wonderful you are offerin your home as a place of recovery and friendship for your friend. May you have a beautiful week caring for her.

CathieJ said...

I love your Pemberley quilt. The fabrics are wonderful. I like your quilting too. What a wonderful friend you are to open your house as your friend recovers. I am sure she appreciates your generosity.

Julie Fukuda said...

I love the color selection in the quilt. Can't wait to see it all together.

Pink Rose said...

Wow Teresa such beautiful projects,i am enjoying my visits to your blog,so much eye candy xx