Friday, July 31, 2026

Gather Round the Seasons - August Block

 Finished the block for August today, just in time to display tomorrow.  I love the little birdie (Robin?) sittin on the bird bath.



I have made some progress on my Sunbonnet Sue quilt, completing the top and now adding the borders.  I am using the blue/green "checkered" sashing look for the border as well.  One side completed and three to go.  It takes a while to sew all these little squares together and then sew the border to the quilt, but it fun to have a machine project too.



I also completed a hexagon table topper that I donated to my guild.  The EPP blocks were gifted to the guild and I was asked to do something with them.  I made a table topper, and used beading to embellish the binding.

Also still working on my Insanity quilt.  Working on the flower border on the right side.  Pictures to follow another time.

2 comments:

FlourishingPalms said...

You are a busy lady! I love your first finish with the bird bath. The round mat and frame set it off beautifully! I understand about tedious piecing, but it will be worth it in the end. And how nice of you to find a way to use those EPP blocks. The table runner is pretty and will surely make someone happy. Keep up the great work!

best embroidery digitizing service said...

Very clear and well-organized article.